News, Views and Information about NRIs.

A NRI Sabha of Canada's trusted source of News & Views for NRIs around the World.



January 15, 2012

Contesting two seats part of poll strategy,


Jalandhar, January 14
PPP president Manpreet Badal has said contesting elections from two seats is part of poll strategy. Manpreet, who today held a road show in Jalandhar, said, “I will be holding at least 80 rallies in the coming days”.
Replying to a question about his contesting elections from Maur as well as Gidderbaha, Manpreet said, “Considering Maur a safe seat, there were three aspirants for PPP ticket. As there was no unanimity among them, they asked me to contest elections from Maur too”.
He added, “Elections are fought on strategy and contesting from Maur is also part of poll strategy. As I had earlier contested from Gidderbaha only, my opponents would have tried to contain me there. But now I will give only one day each to Gidderbaha and Maur and the rest of the time I will campaign in other constituencies”.
Manpreet flayed both the Congress and the SAD-BJP alliance for not releasing their manifestoes even as the polls are just days away. “This shows that none of these is bothered about the issues of the common man,” he said, adding, “The PPP had released its common minimum agenda about three weeks ago”.
He, however, expressed fear that Rs 10,000 per voter might be spent in Gidderbaha by his opponents. “Whatever they do, they will not be able to defeat me”.

No comments:

Post a Comment