News, Views and Information about NRIs.

A NRI Sabha of Canada's trusted source of News & Views for NRIs around the World.



May 17, 2012

Shah Rukh Khan says his daughter was manhandled by security guard

MUMBAI: Shah Rukh Khan, unruffled and unapologetic, chose to brazen it out and played the role of an upset father on Thursday to get out of the mess resulting out of Wednesday's "drunken brawl". He might have been abusive but not drunk, he said, and added he could not see his daughter being pushed around.

"My children and their friends were playing with a ball near the field when I saw from upstairs that a security guard was manhandling them. It is unpardonable to physically touch little girls in the garb of security. I came downstairs to tell them not to misbehave with children. I will not tolerate that," he said on Thursday.

Khan squarely blamed the MCA officials for the situation. "It was MCA officials who started the tirade. One gentleman came and said something in Marathi that is unrepeatable. That made me angry and, if children with me face misbehaviour, I will behave this way, time and again. Yes, I did get angry but I think the officials need to look at their own behaviour first. I think what I did was correct. They are my kids and I have a responsibility towards them. I will not apologize," he said.

If he was under a lot of stress and tension, Khan took care not to show it. He returned home from the hotel, where Kolkata players had put up early on Thursday and then chose to sleep it out till afternoon. He addressed the media at home after waking up and then headed to Film City for an ad shoot.

The actor's friends took the cue and parroted the two main thrusts of his defence, that he was protecting his children and he was not drunk.

Karan Johar twitted how Khan was one of the best fathers he had known and how he was protective about every kid. "Why blame a man who was just reacting as father? Who wouldn't have done the same in his place?"

SRK confidant Mushtaq Shiekh said, "Somebody physically pushed Suhana for playing! And they did not even apologize after misbehaving! Any parent would have done what SRK did! If a parent stands up for his child, how does it become hooliganism?"

No comments:

Post a Comment